6 Cheapest Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cold Sores
Is there anything more horrendous than having a cold sore? It’s uncomfortable, itchy, it burns, it looks horrible and it takes a good week to heal! Most of us in our childhood must have gone through the painful blisters & red spots in our mouth, trying multiple treatments to get through it as quickly. These are called primary cold sores. It is an infection of the cold sore virus (Herpes Simplex Virus), to the inner moist skin of the mouth.
This ailment shows no symptoms but can cause unpleasant mouth infection at times and you might find difficulty swallowing anything due to painful throat. Some people have these cold sores on recurring intervals. The applied treatments aim at easing the symptoms, while the infection settles down in 1-3 weeks respectively.
Cold sores around the mouth are a real issue for sufferers, because any type of blemish on one’s face is going to cause concern. Young children get distressed with pain & red rashes on the tongue as well as mouth and deny on medicines. It is always preferred to use home remedies against expensive antiviral oral creams, to relieve cold sores effectively.
We are here to help you with some easy & pocket-friendly solutions to relieve the pain.
Natural remedies to treat Cold Sores
- Baking Soda – Boil 100ml water and add 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda to it. Dip cotton tampons and then put these on the cold sores several times.
- Salt – Apply small amount of salt on the affected area several times a day.
- Eggshell – The inner membrane of the eggshell is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. Remove this membrane and place it on the affected/painful area.
- Garlic – Garlic is an anti-viral agent. Crush 2 cloves of garlic and stir it with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Tea tree oil – Apply tea tree oil on the affected area in every 2 hours to relieve cold sores.
- Propolis Drops – Apply Propolis drops on the infected area; it will dry and disinfect the wound.
These old sores can happen regularly due to your weak immunity system. So always eat nutritious food and increase intake of food which are natural antibiotic. This will keep the herpes virus in check.
There are natural ways to treat cold sores but you must see a doctor first. Try all these home remedies for cold sores to avoid its symptoms and always follow the tips to prevent it from happening.
Now these Cold Sores won’t be able to trouble you since you have the solution for it!